Wednesday 10 January 2018

Watch Serena Williams Dance to N.E.R.D’s ‘Lemon’

Serena Williams
Bouncin’ around! Serena Williams pulls up in much more than a “Lemon” in a viral dance video for Vogue.
Inspired and soundtracked by the Rihanna-assisted N.E.R.D track, the new mother of four-month old Alexis Olympia, rolls up in a private jet before turning the Palm Beach International Airport runway into a dance floor.

Backed by traffic controllers in neon vests, Williams shows off her skills while rhyming along to Bad Gal’s flow. Dressed in a Chromat bodysuit, Libertine shorts, and Nike Cortez sneakers, she even steps on a “Lemon” and smacks it into oblivion with her tennis racket, just to add to the theme.
The clip is part of Vogue’s February cover campaign, which features the elegant Serena with her daughter, photographed by Mario Testino. “When I first saw this @voguemagazine cover it brought tears to my eyes,” Williams wrote. “All Vogue covers are special but to share this one with my beautiful daughter @olympiaohanian also the youngest Vogue cover star makes it moment I will never forget. The article is a must read.”
Williams opens up about her journey in the in-depth interview. “Sometimes I get really down and feel like, Man, I can’t do this,” she explains. “It’s that same negative attitude I have on the court sometimes. I guess that’s just who I am. No one talks about the low moments—the pressure you feel, the incredible letdown every time you hear the baby cry. I’ve broken down I don’t know how many times. Or I’ll get angry about the crying, then sad about being angry, and then guilty, like, Why do I feel so sad when I have a beautiful baby? The emotions are insane.”
“Lemon” is a single off N.E.R.D’s album No_One Ever Really Dies, which also features collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, André 3000, Future, Gucci Mane, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment