Wednesday 16 August 2017

Designer Dialogue: Mianik’s Accesories Shine Bright

teewhy-hive.blogspot.co.uk
If you haven’t heard of Mianik accessories, there’s no way you haven’t seen them. The accessory company, run by two beautifully breathtaking sisters, has caught fire with trendsetters like Winnie Harlow and Amanda Harvey. Known for their refreshing take on trending accessories such as sparkled fishnets, a head-spinning array of enviably charming chokers, and urban and African-inspired pieces, the young design duo seems to be landing in a Queendom of their own.


The Lady Loves Couture had the privilege of speaking with model and now owner, Olayinka Noel, who gave us the inside scoop on how she’s truing her passion for details into a blossoming empire.
 What is the essence of your brand and who is the Mianik woman?
Olayinka Noel: The essence of Mianik is empowering, cultured, and captivating. The woman that buys Mianik likes to stand out and be noticed. She pulls from her past to empower her future.

TLLC: What inspired you to enter the world of design and fashion?
ON: Fashion and originality have always been an important part of our lives. As young girls, my sisters and I would play around making unique accessories from random things around the house—and they turned out interesting! As we matured, so did our taste. What started out as fun, turned into a passion and then into a business. I have been fortunate enough to travel and see different parts of the world due to my modeling career. Throughout my travels, I worked with many designers and witnessed their creative process. I constantly pull from my inspirations to create something of my own that incorporates my personal style with the culture and beauty of the people and places I have experienced. My sister and business partner, Nzinga, is also a creative. She pulls from her experiences in makeup artistry, acting, and singing. Our different personalities work together to ensure there is a piece for every kind of queen, king, or princess that visit www.mianik.com.
TLLC: How did you and your sister come up with the idea to add jewels to fishnets?

ON: Our Swarovski crystal fishnets came from my slight obsession with bedazzling everything I own. Everything looks better sparkly and we are never afraid to shine! I loved wearing fishnets under my jeans to give my look a little edge. I had a few left over crystals from a piece I was working on and thought to myself, “I wonder what this would look like?” I added a couple to my fishnets and it turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. People are always fascinated by them and, most importantly, I feel fabulous in them.
TLLC: What unique items can we expect to from your brand in the future?

ON: Our future goal is to be represented in every facet of the accessories industry – from headpieces to footwear. This season we will be expanding our Afro-inspired head wrap line, adding more textures and colors with matching earrings, necklaces, and rings. We take pride in bringing our customers one-of-a-kind quality pieces that are simple enough to wear everyday, yet stunning statement pieces sure to spark up a conversation.
TLLC: Who are your style icons/inspirations?

ON: Iman, Diana Ross, Naomi Campbell, Lupita, and, of course, Marjorie Harvey. These women have a regal aura that allow them to bring a certain level of elegance to anything they wear.
TLLC: Name 3 ladies you would love to see wearing your fishnets.
ON: Rihanna, Zendaya, and Beyonce; these ladies all have cutting edge style and are huge fashion influencers.

No comments:

Post a Comment