Friday 29 May 2015

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Lost 40 Pounds for Texas Rising Role by Living on One Can of Tuna a Day

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Before And After, Weight
Will Denny Duquette ever be healthy?!
Jeffrey Dean Morgan AKA beloved Duquette of Grey's Anatomy fame broke our hearts by unexpectedly dying of a blood clot on the medical show, but now the actor has put himself in real-life danger by losing 40 pounds for a new role on Texas Rising in the unhealthiest way possible.
Instead of dieting and exercising in addition to consulting a doctor, Morgan lived solely on one can of tuna per day to lose the weight. Producers recommended that Morgan lose 10 pounds to play the character, who is sick on the show, but he took it too far.
"He had a consumption of tuberculosis," Morgan explained on Today last week. "And so I got there and I was probably about 175. I left and I was about 130."


Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Grey's Anatomy Scott Garfield/ABC
He further explained the method to his madness. "I ate a can of tuna fish a day," he explained. "I did it in the most unhealthy way possible...I didn't consult with a doctor or anything. We had said maybe we should lose, like, 10 pounds, and I just kept going and going, and by the end of the movie, I was just [moving] like a snail!"
Texas Rising, which will air on the History Channel, is a new historical drama series about the Texas revolution against Mexico in the 1830s. The P.S. I Love You actor plays a character named Erastus "Deaf" Smith.
Dramatic weight loss for a role isn't uncommon in Hollywood. Matthew McConaughey shed some serious pounds for Dallas Buyers Club and Anne Hathaway lived on two squares of oatmeal paste a day to drop 25 pounds for Les MisérablesJake Gyllenhaal once opened up to E! News about his weight loss plan for Nightcrawler and dished that his mom became really concerned.

"I would say she just wanted me to be careful. But she also knew and knows how seriously I take what I do and she respects that," he said. "She knows that I'm a big boy and I could handle myself and that I would stay within the realm of being safe, but yes, she worried."
"She'd be like, 'You're cranky—eat something.'"
But the Oscar nominee has completely pulled a 180 for his upcoming movie, Southpaw, for which he had to gain 15 pounds of muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment