Thursday 26 March 2015

Kerry Washington by Bjorn Iooss for Net-A-Porter’s The Edit.




kerry-washington-by-bjorn-iooss-for-net-a-porters-the-edit-1
kerry-washington-by-bjorn-iooss-for-net-a-porters-the-edit-2
kerry-washington-by-bjorn-iooss-for-net-a-porters-the-edit-3
kerry-washington-by-bjorn-iooss-for-net-a-porters-the-edit-4
kerry-washington-by-bjorn-iooss-for-net-a-porters-the-edit-5
On how she spends her Thursdays:
“Oh yes, I have no social life on a Thursday! Every Thursday within three weeks of my [daughter Isabelle’s] due date, I loaded up pre-tweets based on the episodes and what I would want to say.”
On how she deals with negativity:
“I’m really open to freedom of expression and I’m open to differences in opinion. But I draw the line at any level of sexism, racism, hatred or violence, so I block or report those people to [Twitter’s] security.”
On Olivia Pope:
“I love her. To me she’s like family, and with family, it doesn’t matter if you like them or not, you love them no matter what. I don’t always agree with her choices, but I have a lot of compassion for them.”
On Scandal’s style:
“The fashion on the show is almost another character – [costume designer] Lyn Paolo and I were on the same page about that from day one. When we sat down to discuss Olivia’s wardrobe, we had pulled all the same images off the internet and from magazines. I think because Lyn had worked on [political] shows like The West Wing before, she really understood the aesthetic of Washington, and I had already been working for the White House for two years when I started this job. We wanted to get out of the typical navy-blue, boxy, ‘woman in a man’s suit’ definition of power dressing.”
On her personal style:
“I’m a very moody dresser. For the red carpet, I am totally a stiletto girl. But in the rest of my life, I would say I’m 50/50. I love a good heel, but I also have a really great sneaker collection – that’s the Bronx girl in me.”
On what she would be doing if she wasn’t an actress:
“I would be involved in politics, but I would probably be teaching. It’s what my mother did, so it’s in my blood. My mother is so badass. I watched her get her doctorate when I was a little girl: she got that around the same time that I graduated from kindergarten so we both had caps and gowns. I grew up with a belief in the importance of a woman’s mind and that has been a real gift for me.”
Kerry Washington by Bjorn Iooss for Net-A-Porter’s The Edit.
Source: Net-A-Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment