Wednesday 26 February 2014

Kanye West Has More Complaints for The Fashion Industry.

It's hard out here for a creative genius
It’s hard out here for a creative genius
Kanye West may have vowed to lay off Nike in his regularly scheduled rants, but he didn’t promise to stop talking about his unfair treatment in the fashion industry altogether. The rapper and husband-to-be voiced some of his frustrations on Late Night With Seth Meyers about the lack of creative control he’s been afforded in designing his collections: “I give you paintings, sonic paintings. I have synesthesia, I can see sound. So when I do fashion, I want to give you sculptures — it’s like Michelangelo, the church wanted him to paint and he wanted to do sculptures,”  he said. “The difficult thing for me is that I just want to be able to use marble and make sculptures, but due to the fact that I’m a celebrity and all these different things, they’re like, ‘No, you can’t do this, you have to do this kind of line.’ And it’s the first of its kind, so there’s been a lot of confusion about why I want to do it and why I’m so frustrated about it… it’s an overall creative expression.” Considering ex-Balenciaga creative director Nicolas Ghesquière (who is an actual clothing designer), left the brand because label execs were stifling his creativity, I have a hard time believing that the root of Kanye’s artistic troubles is his celebrity. But hey, it’s Yeezy’s world… we just live in it. (Fashionista)

No comments:

Post a Comment